Monday, May 28, 2007

I set off the fire alarm while trying to toast a bagel in the stove.

Updates!

These here are just pictures and recounts of what I did, I'm writing something more profound and interesting tomorrow, so be expectant.


First off... Friday we went to the park. Exhibit no.1 is roommate no.1 (erin) on the left side, covering visual contact of roommate no.2 (zoe) and roommate no.2's friend Nancy on the right. (by the way, roommates are awesome)




This next picture is for my mom, because she likes flowers!



Then, Saturday...

Saturday was my "explore" day. I took the T (the transportation thingy here, which is actually just the metro) to Chinatown, because I wanted to go see Chinatown (wouldn't that make sense?) and walked around for a bit. After walking there for about an hour I got creeped out and ran for the hills, quite literally almost, because I found myself walking through Boston Common, which is a huge park-like gargen. Throughout the whole time, I'm walking with my iPod and suddenly I hear this gong-esque sound. So I lower my iPod's volume and keep walking into a crowd when i realize it's some sort of Buddhist rite of some sort. I spot a few monks, dressed in their orange gowns, bald and most of them wearing glasses, walk in pairs. There's a long line of mostly Asian people and right then I spot it: a sign. It said something about Buddha's 27th birthday and prayer for peace. I hurried by and then found myself walking through narrow streets filled with antique shops and quaint restaurants...



I walked some more and stopped at a Starbucks for a nice, fresh iced mocha... read for about half an hour and decided to cross the bridge towards MIT...

That's me. Crossing. The bridge.



Then, for my dear architect friends and family, here's a building designed by F. Gehry, which gets even more beautiful as you get closer...



and closer...



aaaaand closer...



and then I was hungry and crossed the other bridge back...




So I'd been walking straight for like 3 hours (minus the half hour at Starbucks) and was tired, so I found a nice bench in the shade to read.

But then this lady started up a conversation with me that lasted six hours... from 5:30 until about 12 pm. Yes. It was intense. And yes, I am weird like that.

I'll tell you all about her later though.

Hope you like these pictures, be sure to leave mushy-love-filled comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

K rollo mary :) Stan bien nice las pics (incluyendo los edificios) jajaja ntc. No no, hablo del edificio... ese no es el MIT vdd? Btw F. Ghery rooocks! Después me pasas la foto esa. Ey cuenta cuenta de la señora con la que hablaste! que miedooo!! no te regreses tan tarde a tu jaus jajaja. Después le habla a sus camaradas y te llevan por no se donde pq la niña se puso a platicar 6 horas!!!! Ahi después nos cuentas qué te dijo. De seguro estuvo interesante e intensa como dijiste.
Mary ps aquí todo está muy bien. Nos encargaron un trabajillo de la red. Una inv de un versículo y en su contexto por si te interesa leerlo es: Lucas 9:23-27.
Oye deja juntamos cierta cantidad de gente para mandarte tus cosas y algunas cosillas y regalos que te vamos a mandar pq al parecer los unicos enterados de eso somos Vane y yo (los unicos intensos escribiéndote jaja).
Y si ves alguna placa aca padre te la encargo y te la pago aquí :) (del MIT, Harvard, Boston, o whatever).
Te quiero maryyyyy diviértete mucho y sal mucho. Ciao un abrazo...

Anonymous said...

CACAHUATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DE MI CORAZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yo te extraño!!! eh aqui varios puntos a tratar:
- te amo
- Joseph & I estamos preparando tu caja sorpresa q muy pronto enviaremos a Boston :)(yuhu)
- me encanto el edificio y en este mismo instante estoy wikipediando al arq.
-te quiero
- el jueves pasado me fue requetebien con tu red
- te mando 800 abrazos de oso
- 3600 beso para cada dia de la semana... ahahahahahahahahahhahahah
- 1 534 097 señas de bajale alos agudos o subele a los medio o se esta VICENANNNNNNNNNNNNDO , con mucho amor.
- toma mas fotos!
- escribeme mensajes de amor tu tmb.
- el doc me preg q si ya staba lista mentalmente pa mi partida , alo q respondi , no.
- necesito tus cachetitos pa apretarlos! heh
- traeme algooooo!!!! de pref q diga Harvard heh!
- ya manejo de nuez!!!
- te mando un millon de te quieros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cacahuate tostado!
- cuidate mucho!
- saludame a las roomies! y mary... gracias por presentarnos su parte trasera!!! nos daria mucho gusto ver sus caras! hah.
- O.Y.E
-ciao!

Anonymous said...

jajaja que significa O.Y.E. mensajes secretos, y aparte jajaj vanessa Frank Ghery es muy famoso en verdad, ( jajaj es que dijo de wikipedia) pero esta bien la entiendo es diseñadora, hey si trae recuerdos de harvard o de frank ghery, ahh y marryy ¿si vas a hacer tu pagina de las fotos?, por que aki solo son pocas, te kiero mucho, te extraño, nos has hecho falta, ayer fui a cuatro obras arquitectónicas con ruben, estoy teniendo mas experiencia, y si vayamos juntas a europa!!! oye boston esta padrisimo, es como entrar a un cuento,muy limpio!!! que bien que no usan tantos carros, siii viva la no contaminamción! (keep walking) tiene toodo, osea tiene a frank ghery, enseiro que padre que estes ahi, a que huele boston ehhh a flores!! que crees vi la pleicula de Stranger than fiction, ahh no pude ver el final, la tuve que entregar pero esta buena!!! traes memorias de boston, Boston memoirs, si se escrube a si, jajaj y quecrees ya se unas palabras en italianino.
Che cosa- Que cosa
Te cedo la parole: te cedo la palabra
gratzi: gracias
Prego: Denada
Andiamo: Andando, vamos
no se si se escriban asi pero asi suenan, te amoooooo!!!! write soon. atte: Paola Bárcenas