Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Falling Up

Where is the line between being moved in your emotions and being moved in your spirit?

I fear in my heart that sometimes I might only be seeking for emotions when my God longs for a spiritual worship.

There's something in my heart right now that I can hardly explain. I want to, and I'm trying so hard to, but I just can't seem to find the words.

Daddy, I need to need You...
I need to want You. Otherwise I can't go on.
I need to know that the one thing, the only thing that my heart desires and longs for with every breathing moment is You and only You.

I can't be just one more. I need to get there. There's so many things and options and it's all so overwhelming. I know I need to run to you but I seem to have forgotten how to use my legs.

So I'm laying here on the floor, brokenhearted and I don't even know why. I'm here before You, praying for only a small whisper of your thundering voice.

I don't know what's happening. I can't breathe right. I can't speak. I can't stop crying.

Speak to me father. Open my ears, open my eyes, open my heart. Teach me for I am willing to learn.

1 comment:

abr said...

Yeah, emotions are deceiving. I guess the most honest prayer would be that one which acknowledges right from the start our actual need to need. :)